People have been using artificial flooring for ages. Artificial, composite flooring like rubber, plastic, PVC linoleum have been popular until now; however, the recent addition to the list is vinyl. These artificial floorings are popular worldwide, mainly because of their cost efficiency and durability compared with the natural flooring such as concrete, ceramic, wood, marble, etc. Vinyl flooring comes in a wide array of colours and patterns whereas timber flooring is just restricted to natural colours. But with today’s advanced technologies, natural stones and wood can be imitated in the form of artificial flooring.
The designer gets the scope to model any exemplary combination to suit the requirements of the customers. Being a contrived product, artificial flooring gives a good performance in spite of daily wear and tear. Combining wear layer protectants like aluminium oxide or silver helps to minimise scratching, discolouration, stains, and even restores the original glow of the vinyl flooring. Check out Andersens Flooring
- Artificial floor together with linoleum flooring is an eco-friendly product that lasts for almost an eternity.
- These floors are healthy, easy to maintain and comfortable to walk on. It produces a “cushion effect” that reduces the possibility of slipping.
- It provides a smooth surface free from any cracks or crevices; therefore, there is no scope of accumulation of dirt or dust.
- It is moisture resistant and hence, choosing it for the kitchen, washroom or pavement flooring is a wise decision.
- It provides a warm interior and acts as a good insulator.
- It is hypo-allergic and doesn’t absorb allergens.
- It is sound proof and helps to keep a quieter and calmer living area.
- If covered with urethane, this floor requires less maintenance and serves for a longer period of time.
- This floor guards against flammability, and it is tested as per International Standards EN 13501 before installation.
- Disposing of vinyl flooring is not burdensome as the produced waste is 100% recyclable.
- This flooring comes within any budget, and if you have ever thought of having it for your home, you can easily find one that fits your budget.
- Artificial floors are a great choice if there’s any pet in your house. These floors are durable and scratch resistant.
This floor is made up of six composite layers:
- A top coat that adds shine and shimmer, and protects the wear layer.
- Wear layer safeguards the pattern layer.
- Pattern layer gives the colour and appearance to the floor.
- Cushion layer instills a buffer and texture.
- Fiberglass keeps the sheet in position.
- Base layer supports all the above layers.
Care and Maintenance
After the installation is completed it is important to clean the surface with lukewarm water and then the Andersens vinyl flooring can be cleaned with a damp mop or vacuum cleaners. You should never use caustic ammonia, solvent based cleaners or wax polishes to clean the floor.
Popularised in the last century, artificial flooring is still undergoing evolution. It certainly has a good life span. Some reputed companies even offer a lifetime warranty and faster installations. They sell many types of vinyl flooring Brisbane wide to suit your choice and style.
The most easily available types are sheet and tiles, and they differ in size, preparation and installation process; though they are all made from the same raw materials. Vinyl plank flooring or luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is a relatively new addition and is used to create the effect of stone, ceramic or wooden floors. Plank, sheet and tile vinyl comes with a self-adhesive back or has to be glued to install and achieve a perfectly clean and seamless floor.
For more information, just visit us at HTTP://ANDERSENS.COM.AU/VINYL-FLOORING/.