So, what tour booking software is best for your business? This is not an easy question. There are several things that determine the suitability of a booking software for business operations. No doubt, circumstances play a big role in choosing the best software that you can use for your business.
Before plunging yourself into the market, it is important to have a checklist on things that you will need for your tour booking software. If you are used to the soft side of your business, then this might seem challenging at first. Then, you can begin by evaluating the products offered by other tour operators – primarily, your competitors.
How do your competitors’ booking systems work? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Are there improvements that you would wish to see in yours? By opening at least five websites of operators in the market who are already deploying booking software options – you can come up with a good checklist, which you can also subsequently use when looking for the best business booking software.
The costs and features of a tour operator booking software should be uppermost in your mind. You should also be able to afford the tour booking software with on-going support, as well as features that can give you and your customers the best tour booking experience. Once you have assessed these primary considerations, you can look into other factors like the level of support by a booking software vendor.
In addition, it is important to look at the scope and scalability of a tour operator booking software. It is also important to make sure that it is integrated with global distribution systems. It should have excellent channel management features as well, giving you a relative peace of mind once you have installed it on your online travel booking platform.
Moreover. you should look at the sales integration features of a tour operator software. Does it offer you easy integration with other marketing channels? Is there an option for referral marketing features, enabling you to generate supplementary bookings from third-party websites?
- A simple and intuitive purchase process.
- The right and flexible cost model for your needs.
- Ability to upsell other attractive merchandise during client reservations.
- Easy scheduling of tours based on demand.
- Easy re-scheduling of bookings in case of emergencies.
- Booking agents integration, allowing access for cross marketing of your travel products.
- Excellent reporting and reports generation.
- Ability to tailor existing tours for holiday peaks and rush.
- Support for coupons and other promotional features.
- Dynamic client communication feature, automatically generating messages based on the availability of customer support.
Trying Out Netbookings
Netbookings offers one of the most reliable tour booking software products. This can be used by diverse tour booking or reservation companies such as SCUBA diving charters, fishing charters, kayaking charters, whale watching, and many other tour operations.